We are the leading location technology company in the UK and set for huge growth over the next few years. We currently have two core products i) a UK location data insights platform where we generate solutions for the likes of CACI, Talon, Adsquare, JCDecaux, Nandos, Heineken, Google and Starbucks, from our fully anonymized, GDPR-compliant location data and ii) a first of a kind location verification tool for the $145bn global ad-tech industry.
We are looking for an ambitious, personable, team oriented person to join our rapidly growing Data team as a Data Analyst in our London office. Reporting to the Lead Data Scientist, the key responsibilities for the Data Analyst will be as follows:
- Interpret client requirements into analytical tasks
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis tasks using SQL and Excel.
- Learn the curation and enhancement of our data-lake using data mining methods with Python
- Assist in the production of client reports
- Self-starter, proactive and ability to work to deadlines
- Eager to learn and work extra hard to jump start career
- Good hands-on knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Good hands on knowledge of Excel and its formula/functions
- Awareness of data file types, data transfer methods and data structures such as XML and JSON
- Engineering/Mathematics/Analytical background to Bachelor level or above
- Strong presentation skills & PPT experience
Good to have:
- A functional programming language e.g. Scala
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem: EMR, Spark
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Hands on experience with Python and/or Jupyter notebooks
- An interest in the mathematics behind the algorithms
- Some knowledge of statistical distributions.