A flexible and versatile player/coach who will support Chief Business Officer in sales development, client service/maintenance, and US business growth.
Ultimately, you will help Location Sciences build and maintain a strong and consistent brand through your ability to 1) sell 2) strategically position Location Sciences for lead prospects and 3) cultivate and encourage a supportive work environment with our growing employee roster and clients.
- Works collaboratively with management as well as with internal and external team members and other horizontal business units, e.g., Research, Marketing and Strategy to support the strategic business plan related to the expansion of our proprietary products usage.
- Creates customized consultative sales solutions for all US sales team to increase volumes and expand our customer base
- Builds relationships with all US new and existing customers via formal office visits, phone calls, electronic and other forms of interactions by delivering relevant and timely value added market intelligence to inspire actionable product transactions.
- Possess a “hunter and gatherer” mentality to generate new lead opportunities that will result in onboarding new clients coupled with the ability to upsell and cross-sell existing clients.
- Gather relevant market intelligence to help manage and grow the revenue stream of our existing products through interaction with buy-side clients.
- Continuously tracks performance metrics of US sales to determine measurable ROI to determine if the sales objectives are being met, and if the strategy warrants tactical alterations.
- Grow and cultivate new business and revenue for both Chicago and New York US sales teams
- Retain and grow client relationship.
- Strategize and drive formal client program reviews
- Effective management to all client/contract expectations
- Manage client revenue and gross margin forecasts
- Support Chief Business Officer in all US sales plan and budget headcount and expenses required to meet growth plans.
- Minimum of seven (7) years related experience including a proven track record of successfully working with senior management and teams on business development, team development and operations.
- Experience should also include business development at sell-side sales or, buy-side asset management experience managing money and/or asset gathering.
- Strong proficiency with MS-Office software including presentation software (i.e. PowerPoint) Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Capability to lead and participate in high level discussions with C-Level customer leads
- Ability to travel overnight – approximately 50% (domestic)
- Provide strong business development leadership from a US perspective, including developing, coaching and mentoring others, with ability to manage/lead multiple functions simultaneously
- Be results-driven, organized with outstanding project management skills; prioritize tasks and work assignments, balancing multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy and quality
- Adjust to changes in priorities and situations; complete work under pressure; meet deadlines
- Organize and express ideas clearly and understandably when speaking to individuals or groups; listen to others &respond appropriately; and prepare/deliver presentations
- Build rapport and establish collaborative relationships; develop network of business and professional contacts; leverage business relationships to support goals
- Interact in a professional manner with internal and external contacts; use tact and diplomacy; maintain confidentiality; appropriately handle and communicate controversial or sensitive information
- Evaluate, analyze and summarize data and facts with insight and brevity; establish logical connections; form sound decisions based on analysis
- Utilize supporting enterprise CRM products and other internal applications.
- Regular attendance at the work place in a traditional office environment is required.